Becoming a member of the friends of Woodheys park (FOWP) is simple.
- E-mail the Co-Chairman on the contacts page advising that you want to help.
- Young or old, the Friends group require a diverse demographical representation
The commitment that friends group members make is very flexible with the amount of time devoted to it being upto the individual member. We hold public / friends meetings on a monthly basis and we would ask that all members attend the meeting to contribute and put their thought’s across. Above that then any time which can be spared for newsletter and leaflet distribution or to help out with events is entirely voluntary.
We have some openings on the committee at the moment which would require a more firm commitment. Each committee member takes on a specified role helping each other. At present FOWP committee members are holding dual roles in order that we can achieve everything required for the continued success of the park but we would like to reduce this workload through additional committee members.
- Meetings, presently being held fortnightly going to monthly dependant on the time of the year.
- Organising and assisting with all events held within the park on a rotational basis.
- Possible free training opportunities being offered by Trafford council in diverse areas connected with park management.
- Working with social and community groups within the local area.
The FOWP group and committee members find the work we do challenging and rewarding. Many opportunites are open to friends group members for additional voluntary training and development of skills which may not be covered in their daily work. Looking after a park the size of Woodheys is an important role not only for the park but for the wider community as a whole.
We welcome your enquiries and commitment to being a member of the Friends of Woodheys park.